The ORTEC Big Data Portal is built on the use of software and services from leading vendors in the field.
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform and infrastructure. It is used to build, deploy and manage applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. It supports multiple programming languages, tools and frameworks, including Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems. The ORTEC Big Data Portal uses these Microsoft Azure-based solutions and services:
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning for predictive analytics and forecasting,
- Logic apps for connecting the Big Data Portal to a wide range of data suppliers and processors (including your on-premises applications).
- HDInsight, an Apache Hadoop solution for the distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets.
- Apache Storm managed stream analytics (real-time analytics) for ingesting and processing streams of data emitted, for example, by an Internet of Things device.
- Data Factory, for ingesting and transforming large quantities of data.
- Azure Storage like Azure SQL and Azure Tables for storing data in the cloud
As well as Microsoft database solutions, the ORTEC Big Data Portal also uses MongoLab’s
MongoDB NoSQL document-oriented database service. MongoDB uses documents with dynamic schemas in place of the traditional table-based relational database structure. This makes it easier and faster to integrate data in certain types of applications.
is a collaborative managed data analysis platform that is used to run R, Python, Spark and other scripts very, very quickly.
from Tibco is a leading analytics and data visualization platform. It makes it easy to create clean, clear data visualizations that even Big Data beginners can work with. Interactive Spotfire reports are embedded in the ORTEC Big Data Portal.